2024 booking is open.
Custom Excursions: If you have a specific idea for a trip, we can create a custom plan. Due to the many variables, prices will be calculated when the specifics are settled.
Chippewa Harbor to Rock Harbor (advanced beginner), June 14-20, 2024, Copper Harbor Departure
Greenstone Ridge Trail Crossing (intermediate-advanced), June 28-July 8, 2024, Copper Harbor Departure
Daisy Farm Loop (beginner), August 16-19, 2024, Copper Harbor Departure
Minong Ridge Trail Crossing (advanced), Aug 30-Sept 9, 2024, Copper Harbor Departure
Every package includes the following:
- Round-trip passage to Isle Royale National Park booked by us on the Isle Royale Queen IV out of Copper Harbor, Michigan, or the Ranger III out of Houghton, Michigan
- One-night lodging for the eve of departure in Copper Harbor or Houghton, depending on ferry service
- Preboarding safety briefing and final gear weight check
- Phone consultations for preparation and planning
- Q & A Zoom meeting with guide and client
- Needed loaner gear (not food, clothing, or personal items)
As mature backpackers, we provide steady leadership & guidance to help ensure that you have a fun & safe adventure in the backcountry of Isle Royale, starting from planning & packing, to transportation, to safety preparedness, to engaging in the activity with you.
You need not be worried about having questions–we are here to help you have the best possible experience on the island where we may view moose, wolves, red fox, beavers, hares and the spectacular views of the waters and ridges of this untamed wilderness.
Duane & Beth